Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Holy Toledo - In another long boring meeting on innovation.


In a long, long meeting thinking. If I were at the helm, I'd fire everyone but the girl at the front desk. I think she is the only one who gets it around here. This stuff isn't rocket science. Just fire all the consultants and middle managers to get down to accelerating customer expectations.
How can you truly be an innovative company if you and HR do your best to abolish the “revolutionaries, rebels, zany, weird, freaky, and “Hey boss this is a STUPID idea” people? Jim Woods

P.S. Human resources are the least innovative people in an organization with an opportunity to hire the most innovative people in an organization. 
I have got a boatload more ideas here - at "Boatload of ideas." 

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Hiring process is completely out of hand. Most recruiters are abusing technology and forgetting about the word "human" in human resources. Just yesterday, a friend told me he got an email from a recruiter that said, "Your resume was recently forwarded to me. If you'd like to discuss opportunities, please register at link provided." Nice -- just fill out a form.

    Here's my rant on the topic.

    http://www.milesfinchinnovation.com/blog/2012/07/18/getting-back-to-the-human-side-of-human-resources-how-to-make-online-recruiting-more-effective/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony. Your blog post on recruiting nails it. I just posted a link to your blog. Please stay in touch my friend. Jim

      Delete